Clipboard contents is processed according to the following rules:
- Check if input stream is already a BibTeX entry. If so, process entry.
- Check if input stream is a PubMed XML or Medline entry. If so, process
- Preprocess author names: PI JOAN III -> Pi III, J. (care of name prefixes,
suffixes, and removal of ambiguities).
- Extract DOI
(DOI, URL and FILE/PDF are preprocessed, performed before the automatic
recognition takes place.)
- Remove leading and trailing white spaces, TABs and CRs.
- "\r\n", "\n" and/or "\r" replaced by the line indicator tag
- Replace "\t" and ten or more consecutive "\s" by the tabular tag
- Start the automatic recognition engine.
If the automatic recognition engine fails, optionally, a heuristic guessing
will be performed. See also Field
Recognition Rules and Reading and
writing bibliographic metadata.